Originally Posted By Dragula
Originally Posted By OhioMopar
there are a lot of good new parts coming down the line for these engines.
as the market gets bigger the prices with come down.

That's awesome. I would really like to build another 392/46/440 Gen 3 for my Scatpack(maybe boosted), but I don't have $20k to spend on my toys at a time, sadly. Affordable stuff would have me sticking a Gen 3 in all kinds of cars, trucks, Ramchargers, etc.

Good....tell me where I can get a good 6.1 block again? And not for +$1500.....

I am curious what the price point of this engine will be and if the super charger still needs a cooler hooked to it. If its fair enough, I might go this route. Could be a 605 Hemi in somebody else's future for the right price.

6.1 block? Shoot for 1/2 or less you can get a hellcat block (just tell the guy at the JY its a 6.4 truck block your after), I paid $700 for a like new block and crank shipped to my shop, I got a bigger bore and stronger proven block and crank. A good cam is available new from the dealer for $68 that's ok for most street type builds, I got a set of new take out SRT pistons and rods for $150 shipped off flea bay (not good for much boost though). For around $1000 minus my labor I am into a short block that can easily handle 600 NA HP. With a little street smarts the long block stuff is really good for really cheap, the only stuff that seems to not have a work around is the initial "get it in the car stuff", headers are $1000, motor mounts, oil pans... are all one time things that aren't cheap.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!