Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
Here’s something for you to think about.......

If you took the same cam profile, but had it ground on two different lsa’s, say..... one at 100, and the other at 120....... do you think the alignment/relationship for those two particular lobes would be the same between both cams?

Between the two cams, no, the lobes would be offset from one cam to the other. But, on the same shaft, the 1 and 6 should always line up. Well, that is my current thinking anyway.

Per your question, I did go out and look at another cam I have and although different lift, the 1 and 6 do line up.

BtW, if this was a cam company, I might give them a call and see if there is something they would do. But, its a Mopar cam. Can you imagine calling them? I bet it would take a half a day just to find someone who would listen.

Never thought deeply about this before, but wouldn't all the lobes on the cam be cut in 45 degree segments?

I have a friend that used to work at Schneider Cams in San Diego, he might know how it happened to fail. Next time I talk to him I will get his take on it.

Last edited by SportF; 11/02/18 10:15 PM.