Originally Posted By maxwedge1
have been gradually adjusting a bouchillion cable ,smallblock 727,b&m shift kit.
i now have it when the carbs wot the trans lever is fully back. when in Drive i get firm 1-2 shift and it does kick down firm when mashing the pedal. but i do get kind of harsh down shifts when slowing to a stop. i have been gradually moving the cable, a 1/8" or so. the previous adjustment in Drive the 1-2 was soft and kick down seemed late and didnt really feel the downshifts . is my current adjustment ok? or should i back it off a bit.

The downshift when slowing to a stop is because the lever isn't returning fully forward when you let off the gas, do you have the spring attached properly from the lever to the bellhousing that they provided? Also the whole adjustment according to their instructions is about a 1/4" total so I would go back to the instructions and make sure you have it setup as they say.
I put one in a few weeks back and it was perfect at the install. Also the lever should go all the way back at full throttle less a very small amount so your not bottoming the lever all the way back.
Ron