Originally Posted By blewbyu
Cheetah hands down is the best shifter out there but you will pay for it., Buy slantzilla's and save some money

Best one I've used anyway, which isn't saying much.

For me, after driving a car with a Cheeta, I discovered I much prefer the gated action to the ratchet action of the Megashifter. Personal preference.

Having installed, used and repaired both, the Cheeta is a higher quality and more flexible unit. Turbo Action is great to deal with and had everything I needed in stock.

A wise man once noted that you can pay too much for quality. I stumbled on a great used one.

I don't think you could go wrong either way from a functional perspective. I'd say try and find some at car shows, tell the person what you're up to and ask to actuate the shifter and find what you like best. Look for a gated shifter, a ratchet shifter and whatever the Hurst Quarter Stick design is called and try them all out.

Ideally, you'd burn the 1/4 several times with each, but impractical. I don't know what your experience is but if you're comfortable running the quarter manually shifting a slush box, sitting in the car and playing with the shifter should tell you what you need to know.