Hey guys, seemed like the best place to request this info as I'm sure this section has the highest quantity of brake abusers on all of Moparts.

I'm redoing the rear brakes on my Barracuda (yes, the drums. I have not yet seen a compelling reason to go to disks for my current purposes) and would like a run-down of semi metallic v. organic friction material pros/cons for a factory disk/drum setup. The current rear brakes are completely shot. Drums are too far out of spec to be turned and the shoe material has a lot of cracks, but no chunks missing.

My goal is to optimize what I have. Car is primarily a street car, but I have a couple of drag strip and autox challenges to meet this next season.

Typical small block e-body, 10x2.5 rears drums and the 10.9" disks up front.

Anyone have some tech for me? I would like to hear about any other friction material that is available as well. I recall a few years ago seeing listing for a ceramic material shoe, but haven't seen it recently.

I run EBC red pads on the front and they have noticeably improved fade resistance and pedal feel over parts house semi-metallics. That said, I don't know that I've ever experienced fading on the rear brakes.

Appreciate the info.

Last edited by BcudaChris; 10/30/18 03:20 PM. Reason: add current rear brake condition