Quote:

First off, no they are NOT heavy. They are the same as stock designed as a forged replacement drop in.
At 613 lift and 268 @050" the exhaust notch which is not the exact angle as the valve will clip the edge of the valve on a blueprinted engine. The fix is minor and requres laying back the angle of the valve relief to match the valve. Unless it is an aftermarket head engine it has no need of such lift. I dont go above .540 net lift with iron heads even ported ones. Tis a very good and effective set up these L2355F setup 440. I wrote the book on them .(Old Reliable) Power to the mid upper 500s is possible with a good cam choice. Dollar for Dollar a very hard build to beat. I have seen them chew some pretty expensive competition. In fact I have had the distinct pleasure of being the chewer. Don

i guess my heads flowing into .600 are no good than at that lift.
let me add something worthwhile to the post.i did have my pistons cut deeper on the V reliefs .100 for the .590 cam and after running it found cabin buildup in the deep part of the cuts so i can say that laying back the cuts would reduce the buildup in my opinion.

Last edited by METAL STORM; 03/17/09 10:21 PM.