Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
Generally speaking most drag radials like more pressure than any bias ply does, that being said I haven't raced a set of radials in a lot of years so keep that in mind. the last set of legal NHRA stocker bias ply tires I raced on where 9x30 on a ten inch wide rim that ET the best with 16.0 to 17.0 Lbs. cold, the 60 ft. and reaction times where great on those tires boogie
Do you know how accurate your tire pressure gauge is?
Are you using a low tire pressure gauge or a regular gauge that goes up to 60 Lbs. or more?
I've seen decent quality low pressure tire gauges vary a hoop, some read low and some read high compared to a very good known calibrated test gauge scope
I suggest you use your tire gauge only, DO NOT LOAN it out EVER tsk Add air 1/2 lb. at a time until the 60 ft. and reaction times slow down and then go the other way down 1/2 lb/. at a time until it reaches the limits on the low side scope The number on the gauge doesn't really matter as long it reads the same every time with the same pressure in the tire, what does matter is the time slip up work grin

Good point. It wouldn't be the first time I've chased a gremlin that turned out to be bad data! My gauge is a low-pressure type, so I'm measuring at the top of the scale for the radials. Same gauge I've used with my old slicks. I think it was pretty accurate, but I should probably use another gauge to compare with