Originally Posted By DrCharles
Originally Posted By Silver70
Based on the 3 options, no doubt I'd go t56. It is the most work also though as mentioned, takes some cutting. I wouldn't mind having one of Passons 5 speeds for my belvedere, but I lack the patience to wait for one.

There's a thread with lots of pics on FABO by a guy who just did it. "Some cutting" is an understatement sawzall weld hammer
It came out great in the end, but he also included a price list. Cost about $6000 AND he did a huge amount of surgery.

Meanwhile, although it may take a long time to get one, the Passon A855 is $5500 and bolts right in work

I never said it takes a little cutting laugh2 I already have all the parts to do the same swap into my cuda and I'm no where near 6k, maybe half that. I went with a low mileage viper t56, new quicktime bell, mcleod twin disc, billet flywheel, etc... not junk parts. My belvedere was a 4 door converted to a 2 door, last thing that would bother me is cutting out the tunnel.

I'm not waiting 5 years for a transmission.... that whole thing is a mess on those 5 speeds. If you could pick up the phone, order one and have it in a week, that would change everything, but 5500 is far more than I get put a t56 in a car for.