The track width of the 1st gen (88-96) Dakota is about 60". That would be with the standard Dakota front wheels that have a slight inset. The standard Dakota also came with 15 x 6" wheels. Nearly all the 1st gen Dakotas that came with the wider aluminum inset wheels also have the rubber fender flairs, so I would assume the wider inset wheels would probably increase the track width accordingly, probably about equal to what a standard offset 15 x 6" wheel would compared to the inset Dakota wheel.

The next issue is, if you have a Dakota frame on your 46 Dodge, you will be making your own front sheet metal mounting brackets, which may, or may not position the 46 fenders in the correct location. For anyone to sit at a keyboard and tell you your wider then stock, wider offset, wheels bolted on a Dakota front suspension will or will not clear the fenders you have mounted on your 46 Dodge would be guessing.

If I had a 5 bolt Dakota pickup that was still intact, I would bolt on a set of standard offset wheels and I could tell you if they cleared the stock Dakota 5 bolt truck front fenders, but all I have here is a 6 bolt Dakota with the rubber fender extensions. I can tell you the 15 x 7 factory 6 bolt "mags" put the front tires at the edge of the fenders if there wasn't the rubber extensions.

I can also tell you the Standard Dakota 5 bolt steel wheels clear the modified fenders on my 48 Plymouth. I have pictures of the stock 15 X6 Dakota stock wheels bolted to the stock Dakota 8 1/4 rear end with the unmodified 48 Plymouth fenders still factory attached to the stock body Plymouth while it was under construction. Gene

48 coupe 0024.jpg48 coupe 0025.jpg48 coupe 0026.jpg48 coupe 0027.jpg