I miss several opportunity to own several early 300 letter cars with those motors in them whiney realcrazy
I had two early 300 cars, one 1957 C hardtop that was our family car when I first got out of the Army in 1968 and later a 1958 convertible D car, I whup them dual quad 392 Hemi motors regularly hammer boogie devil
On the C car the first long trip we took in that car it blew a hole in the top of #6 piston due to a garage that had done a "valve job" on it shortly before we bought it for that trip, they hadn't torque all the intake bolts down properly and it suck water into #6 coming out of south western Utah into Arizona coming home to SO CA, what a mess whiney
We limp it home using reclaim oil in it, it would go through several quarts per hour. I ended up using a intake and carb off of a 1957 New Yorker on the 300 motor, that woke that lazy rascal right up shock boogie shruggy I also used a piston out of the same New Yorker motor with the original rings from the New Yorker with no honing in that 300 cylinder realcrazy up work shruggy
It was our only car back then so it was fix it as quickly as possible or walk shruggy

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)