My 76 has a 360 and 727 and we are having an issue where the engine just shuts off. Thermoquad was purchased as rebuilt form a forum member but divorced choke issues made it seem like fuel was leaking from the throttle shafts (that was user error). While getting it checked out the mechanic was running it for a few minutes and it just shut off. It will fire right back up so it's not looking like fuel issues.

I have had the truck just cut out while trying to park and it will fire right back up each time. My suspicion is electrical issues. i have a spare FBO distributor and chrome ignition box. new starter relay and ballast resistor are installed. Currently running a factory distributor and FBO ignition box.

sometimes the truck acts like a neutral safety switch issue where it doesn't want to start- no crank- nothing- but then it will crank and start. new neutral safety switch didn't change anything.

Could it be the ignition wiring in the column? Other ideas?
We have owned this truck since new so ask any pertinent questions to gather more info.

Thanks for the help!!

1976 Dodge Californian 360, Thermoquad, 727 trans, 9.25 rear with 3.21 gears and a sure grip style rear.