I FINALLY broke down and bought a primer plus system, and have a quick question about wiring it. I assume both solinoid and pump 12v+ leads can go to the switched side of the ignition lead, correct? Since i tend to forget stuff, i also want to wire in an oil pressure switch to shut off the system in case i forget to shut off the primer+. I am thinking i need a relay for another way to prime the motor with gas. I want to run a 12v+ from the switched side of the starter so i can prime it without cranking by having the shifter in gear. I want to make sure this is a good plan. As i think about it, i would need both the ignition to primer and starter to primer leads to use seperate relays to avoid feedback, correct?
So the wiring would be;
Running power will go from switched side of ignition, to activate 1st relay to 5 psi oil pressure switch, to primer.
Priming power would be;
12v+ from switched side of starter switch to relay, to primer. Shifter in gear to operate primer only,
Sound good?
This would allow no switch used to activate the primer plus for running, and shut it down when oil pressure is zero.
The starter button will be the priming only switch.

Last edited by gregsdart; 09/12/18 06:13 AM.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky