80s cop motors got 360 heads stock

I have a LD4B and can say on a bone stock 2v 318 it is hands down night and day difference from a stock intake/performer intake.

add mild cam/headers it is even better.

I ran it on many 360 headed 318s and performance was great for a 318

I also have a holley street dominator that is another good intake for a bone stock 2v 318

even though it is open plenum/low rise it is a little screamer of an intake for the street on a mild 318

as far as 360 heads on a 318..yes it does low comp yes it does make a dog on the street with a stockish cam...but use a hughes whiplash or the right cam/TC/gearing in a light car they cam be a little surpising on the street.

I had a few lopo JY 360 head 318s add the TC/gears and wind up rpms like a 340.

ask member CLASS OF 65 about the record holding 273 engine he has in an a-body talk about rpms..

if a hipo 273 can do it a 318 can do it IMHO.

myself.. the rpm airgap I have is a little much for a mild teen with out uping the comp ratio/TC/gears

my 318 with a 273 hipo solid lifter cam was pretty hot shifting it at 6500 rpm 4 speed and 3.91sg and had the holley street dominator and a 600 cfm

some of the old stuff still works right on par with the newer stuff now days till you go apples vs oranges with them.

Last edited by scratchnfotraction; 07/28/18 11:37 AM.