Originally Posted By fullmetaljacket

I've since ordered the rear leaf springs, Isolators, shackles and bushings and U-bolts. The only items I am on the fence about are the shocks. I hear that the Bilsteins are the ticket but that the KYB's can be a bit hard.
Thanks guys since I am new to this breed and year. I've always loved the 71' 73' Chargers and Satellites.

I was going to get into rear suspension but you were only asking about front suspension. The rear suffers from the "iso-k" changes as much as the front does. There is a large bushing that mounts in between the leaf and the shock plate. If you had not ordered the parts already, I would have told you to swap out to the 71-72 style. They make that bushing in poly to firm things up, otherwise the car can almost "crab walk" because the axle is not located properly.

Original rubber k-frame biscuits are not available. As Nacho said someone was working on producing them in small batches but we haven't heard anything since. You can go solid or poly - there are two brands of poly bushings out there. I prefer the ones with the integral steel sleeve.

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforu...rothane.142366/

On shocks, KYBs are crap. They ride like a hay cart and are way too harsh.

Last edited by Montclaire; 07/23/18 04:45 PM.