is this a street car that will not stay cool or is it a race car?

If it is a street car I have seen really good cooling achieved with a solid mounted fan, I have used a Flex-a-Lite STEEL blade fan and when positioned about an inch from the aluminum radiator and inside of a proper fan shroud it kept a 383 based 477 engine (3,800 stall with 4.56's and 28" tires)in a 66 B-body under 195 degrees while in traffic, this was Hemi Dave's STREET car and it ran high 10's low 11's IIRC he would drive it to High Speed Welding every morning from Chicago. This thing did idle about 750-800 rpm and did NOT have a fan clutch (solid mounted to water pump)so this fan does work. I would NOT use a Flex fan or Aluminium bladed fan-but that is just me...

Fan Description: FLEX-A-LITE 1617P 17.25 " dia. Inexpensive fans which provide maximum airflow at low and high rpm.
These Flex-a-lite race fans are the industry's highest rpm rated fans. Their all-metal construction makes them rigid and ready for abuse. They're available in your choice of all-steel or steel and aluminum blade construction with a tough black finish. under 30 dollars mail order, but you will need to get a spacer...

5096766-flx-1615p.jpg (47 downloads)