Why add weight and the power robbing pump onto your car work
I've driven a lot of different OEM Hemi cars back in the day, power steering wasn't wanted or needed back then with stock front tires and rims shruggy
I use to help a couple(Steve and Linda Meyers, Pink Panther NHRA stocker) back in the early 1970s who had a 1969 GTX with a 440 motor in it with power steering, she was a street racer who loved to street race (5 ft. 4 inches tall that weighed less than 105 Lbs. dressed), she got tickets and her boyfriend said he would pay for the car to be converted to drag racing only so she would stop street racing it.
I swapped heads and cam and then later swapped a 1968 street hemi motor into it and removed the power steering, she never complained about the lack of power steering shruggy We did put skinny lightweight front tires and rims on it also work
I did the same thing to a 1970 Baracuda with a 4 speed in it, I later sold it to a kid in Santa Monica, CA who ended up street racing it on Mulholland Drive in the Santa Monica MTNS between L.A. and the San Fernando Valley after he added wider rims and tires all around shruggy I told him he was crazy to road race that car in the mountains and canyons with so much nose weight on it after he told me what he was doing with my old drag car down tsk He ended up finding and buying a original T/A Challenger for $300.00 and never looked back boogie work

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)