Originally Posted By Challenger 1
Originally Posted By Spartan040
Hey everyone, I've got a question about my air conditioning in my 2001 Durango SLT, 4.7L RWD. It never seems to be blowing as cold as it should, even though I have a brand new compressor and it's full of R134a (so far s I know). I don't believe it's my receiver-drier or accumulator, I don't have the associated smell. It's not the blower motor either. We checked the blend doors inside the dash, they seem to be working properly. It just never gets very cool during these hot summer days in Florida. It blows semi-cool in the mornings and evenings, and it's certainly cold in the winter, but I'm roasting in there during the daytime. It should be much colder than it is.

Oh, and I'm only getting hot air out of the front passenger side vents no matter what I do with the controls.

What could be the problem here?

Like said it could be a lot of things. I have a 2005 durango and the hose from the compressor to the condenser starting leaking last year. I pulled out all the gas with my recycler/AC machine and could see it was low. Recharged it and it worked for another year. Lately it got low again and I ordered a new hose for it. Luckily the hose was only 32 bucks shipped to my door. Should have replaced last year.

But your problem sounds like a door problem if you have hot air out one vent and cool air out of the rest. It sounds like the hot air is blending with the cool air? My twocents

We checked the blend doors, they seemed to be working fine