Originally Posted By MRGTX
Originally Posted By jcc
You would be happier, safer, and faster. just buying a new vette. stirthepot laugh2

Yeah...I have that realization every time I wake up in a cold sweat after dreaming about an ND Miata RF with an LS swap. Reality has a way of sucking the fun out of everything. laugh

So yeah...the idea of swapping in a Vette rear suspension into a beloved Mopar is extremely intriguing. That said, what makes these old Mopars so great is that they are legitimately great performance platforms just as they are! Of course SRA suspension has significant disadvantages, especially over rough surfaces...but working around the weaknesses of your chosen platform is half the fun, no?

So my Dodge has been a loyal friend, a perpetual source of fun, the subject of 75% of my materialistic fantasies for more than half of my life...I guess my point is, I want my Dart Sport to be a great driving, solid handling backroads battler. I want my car, with its basic form (solid axle, torsion bars up front, Mopar small block V8) to be the best that it can be without becoming something entirely new. The Vette suspension swap is one step too far removed...this would no longer be MY Dart.

So yeah...the idea of a Mopar/Corvette chimera is really cool but it takes up a whole different place in my car fantasies and if I was going to build a freak of nature, I think I would rather put that effort into something that needs more help begin with and/or maybe something less precious and rare.

How about a first gen RX-7? Chrysler Conquest/Mitsu Starion? How about a 1997-2002 LS powered Trans Am? What about a Magnum powered Dakota? smile

You bring up a good point. Forgoing the IRS wouldn't only be less costly, it'd be more classic. But the cool factor and increased performance still really intrigues me...gaahhh, too many cool performance options out there today