Originally Posted By Al_Alguire
What Steff said. Don't chase AFR chase ET and MPH AFR is just a reference/target once you get to the best ET and MPH. One issue I see all the time helping people with racepacks is they are chasing the "ideal" number for a given channel, ignoring what the time slip says. MPH is still the barometer to measure by. There is NO "magic number" to chase. Every combo will want something different, even different fuels have different stioch numbers. FWIW if the heads up car was at 11.5 it would be pretty damn close for us where is makes max power/best MPH. Just one example.

AS for being fat at the hit its pretty typical, especially in a car with a brake. Even foot braking you have the pump shot that will spike it fat at the hit, its not unusual. You can help that by adding timing at the hit to help burn that excess fuel. But chase numbers on the slip not numbers on a gauge!
Al, the numbers so far are just a baseline to get things going, every individual motor has it's own "ideal" number and I am just starting the process of finding mine but I will be using "time slip tuning" as my primary information, my next purchase will be a weather station to help keep track of the conditions up

Last edited by dartman366; 06/19/18 10:35 PM.

Light travels faster than the speed of sound,,,this is why some people seem bright untill you hear them speak.