Originally Posted By MOPARMIKE69
Originally Posted By B5Cuda440-6
Moparmike69, I need to disagree with you on this point. But to be honest, I wish I had a low mileage reference pic of each rim type side-by-side to be 100% sure. I do agree they were semi-gloss, which can be a range of sheens.

Both wheels were made by the Motor Wheel Company, and both wheels received a color topcoat. So why would Chrysler spec 1 type of black for a steel wheel and a 2nd type of black for a road wheel? It just doesn't seem logical to me.

You can disagree but you would be wrong. It has long been established that the plain black wheels are gloss black. See any correctly restored A12 car. Also it has been established that road wheels are not gloss. I have seen more than a hundred original wheels and that is what is correct.

See the link in my above referenced post.
Road wheels (NOT Magnum 500’s), used two sheens of black. Gloss, for the outer rim hoop, and semi-gloss/flat for the recessed areas. This gloss black is the same black on steel wheels.
I too have sourced numerous road wheels and have another low mileage unrestored set that are the same way.