I did a 54 Dodge pickup with an FMJ clip. We drove it for 40,000 miles before I sold it on ebay so I could buy a 39 Plymouth coupe. Should have kept the truck! Anyway, my 54 went to the Pacific Northwest someplace, would have been about 15 years ago. It was teal green when it left here.

Lets start out saying that there is NO EASY clip to add onto the frame of anything. All require some level of fabrication.

I have nothing against the FMJ clips other then I believe there are much better options these days. The FMJ subframe was a nice complete Mopar suspension unit that was fairly easy to adapt in the late 80s and early 90s. Most of those installs still involved creating a new front frame structure for the FMJ clip to "bolt" onto. Yes, I did several. Then, the Dakota became available in junk yards and it was a modern suspension with better geometry then the FMJ subframe, and didn't require any more effort to install. Yes, I've done several of those as well. The biggest problem I see with either of these clips today is finding one in good enough condition to actually be able to use it. Here in the rust belt, the rust adds complexity to everything. Gene