Originally Posted By OhioMopar
Originally Posted By dartman366
I have to say I have been dealing with Jegs for over 35 years and have yet to have bad service or a problem with them.

I haven't had any problems with Jegs, either. Just their crappy website and the PITA that it is to find what you need on it. But, since I pass it twice a day going to and from work(and it's not too far out of the way if I have to swing by the warehouse because 11th Avenue doesn't have it), it's pretty convenient. I do find myself driving to Summit if I am getting parts on my day off, just so I don't have to go to Columbus again.
I understand about Columbus especially during orange barrel season, guess I am lucky as I hit I-71 at Sunbury and straight down to 11th ave then straight back up so it's usually not bad and Delaware isn't to far off the beaten path for me if I have to pick somthing up there,, as far as the web site it could be a lot more user friendly in my opinion and I have told them that many times at the 11th ave main store and they have said they totally agree and have told upper management but we all know how that works.

Light travels faster than the speed of sound,,,this is why some people seem bright untill you hear them speak.