Originally Posted By Silver70
Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
FWIW...when I talked w/ Dominator a couple years ago he told me his goal has always been to have a Hemi in his Dart. That's what it was raced with by the previous owner. Said after he bought it as a roller and fixed it (extensive wheelstand damage), he didn't have enough left over to switch to Mopar power. He still had the BB Chevy from his old car sitting there, so in it went.

As much as he has spent on the ones he has blown up, he could have bought one by now. It seems like every episode he destroys and engine.

I agree, but he may be in the same situation a lot of us are in, including myself...when something breaks, a lot of times it's much cheaper to just fix what broke versus making a big change. He'd have to fix it anyway to be worth selling, by the time he did that, I bet he's rushing to get it back out and racing so back in it goes. Probably more of a schedule thing unless he just has a ton of money set aside for a new project. He might, but he doesn't strike me as one of the SO members that has benefitted a whole lot money-wise from this deal. I could be wrong though.
On a side note, Dominator is a hell of a nice guy. After I initially talked to him at the track, he came and found me later that night just to check my car out. Really nice guy to talk to...much more so than some of the other SO guys.

CHIP
'70 hemicuda, 575" Hemi, 727, Dana 60
'69 road runner, 440-6, 18 spline 4 speed, Dana 60
'71 Demon, 340, low gear 904, 8.75
'73 Chrysler New Yorker, 440, 727, 8.75
'90 Chevy 454SS Silverado, 476" BBC, TH400, 14 bolt
'06 GMC 2500HD LBZ Duramax