Originally Posted By Dragula
Originally Posted By Blucuda413
I mulled over this question for a long time, read everything I could and talked to several people I respected. I settled on 11.5 in my 413 smallblock. E85 with a 6-71 and mechanical injection. Haven't run it yet but I'm getting very close.

I went with custom dished pistons and thick cometic gaskets. I went this way so that if I didn't like the blower setup it wouldn't cost a fortune to put thinner gaskets on it and have fair compression to run race gas.

That's what I was thinking. If I do somthing different this year with the G3 parts I have been picking up, I was looking at a 671HH and E85 with 2-carbs....11.5:1 I figured would be a good starting point but can't find any info on anyone who has done it...Most are running either straight Methanol 14-71 hi helix or a street car on gas.

This would be race only, but I wanted to see if there was any difference between the Methanol setup and E85...I was also wondering how high can the boost be pushed....Figured, why limit it like a street engine...its alcohol right....

If its race only, why bother with carbs? If it is strictly a race engine, then put a bug catcher on it. Cost wise, a pair of new E85 blower carbs vs. a good used bug catcher setup might not be that far apart.

Gone to the dark side with an LS3 powered '57 Chevy 210