Originally Posted By polarconvert
Hey guys, I trust your guidance. I need a new set of heads for my stock 1965 383,automatic, 4 barrel, single stock exhaust, log manifolds, Mopar performance "road runner cam", Electronic dizy. My current stock Closed chambered 516 heads have a burnt valve in them. As much as it cost for machine work and new valve train parts I might as well buy new aluminum heads. What would you suggest I buy that will be bolt on using my shaft rockers and copper head gasket. The lower end is stock 70k block that doesnt burn oil but is getting tired. I am not ready for a complete rebuild but one in the future. I see Edelbrock has a bunch listed but I am limited in my knowledge of which ones would be good for my application. Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated.

Good choices for stock replacement would be Edelbrock or 440 source heads. If replacing 915's, the smaller volume closed chamber versions. With a 70k bottom end in good shape, you can get a nice engine I believe. You will need a new head gasket... with a 5 bolt/cylinder BB head a variety of gaskets can work including a common Felpro blue PT. The high end choice would be MLS gasket.

As far as "out of the box" heads, many have used them. I think it is safer to have a good machine shop check out valve to guide clearance and valve seats at least.