Originally Posted By AndyF
One thing I learned the hard way is that the TF heads are easy to over cam since they have really good flow at low lift. If the lobe is too fast you'll end up with reversion and the engine will not make the power you were expecting.

Dwayne has a good handle on this since he has watched my test results. Give him a call and ask about the Comp cam that you already have. It might be fine for what you're doing.

Interesting there Andy

Most cam folks see that big CI and just lay the lobe to it
We have had some great running big CI units with smaller than you would expect on the cam---well...I really can say that about most every engine for street
Over the decades we have about decided that no cam is too big on a REAL race engine and smaller almost always seems to make a better street engine overall

I have always been against the" use every MM of the lifter diameter" for most guys as it gives away that safety margin Mopars enjoy and for what? a few extra HP on a unit that will have plenty? Just never made sense to me

With all the stroker stuff these days most street guys can't stick it to the road anyway and that 340 4 speed with a 410 gear walks off from them better than they thought

Last edited by crabman173; 04/24/18 07:10 PM.