not going to be smog legal, the trans and t case should be ok for a while. It will not be an easy swap, the harness and computer need to be swapped to the 03 up 4 plug computer set up, that will require dash and interior ABS and SRS computers and that will require a swap to the 01 up interior. Your best bet is to start with the 03-04 dakota or at least a donor for all the stuff. You will need to fab an oil pan unless there is an after market one I am un aware of and you will need a mechanical throttle body big enough to feed the hemi, the 4.7 one could be adapted but would be pretty small even on the mildest 5.7. The motor mounts for a 4x4 still need to be fabbed, I don't know of anyone making one yet. If you had the later 03-04 computer system you might be able to get a 5.7 computer from a 1/2 ton of the same year, do some wiring harness mods to run the throttle by wire and finger out how to mount the gas pedal to match, then if both the truck and donor computer do not have factory security they would probably be happy enough together.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!