Quote:
You do realize that the force required to turn the driveshaft by hand will vary with the difference between a 98-pound women and Arnold Schwarzendonker turning the shaft? Whoever dreamed up that procedure is an idiot.
I was wondering about that myself as I was lying on my back reaching up to turn the yoke with my left hand which was wet with trans fluid! Before I left I did get the front kickdown band set to 1/4 as I was able to get the 1/4 allen wrench easily up there to set that gap then tighten the locknut on the outside of the case. since it is done I am gonna leave it as is as this is my only progress so far (unless you convince me otherwise). On the rear band I ain't sure how I will be able to set that gap to 5/16 like I originally planned since the lever contacts what it contacts way down inside the raised lip of the retainer so I will do as you directed, I will torque it to 72 then back off (2) turns & call it good. I will note your info on the pawl & hopefully that goes in place. Thanks John

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth