My dad used to buy used cars from a junkyard. He was always buying some old guy's car that died or whatever. Pretty nice clean 70s cars. My brother and his friends always had pretty cool cars. Not real race stuff but some cool rides. Mostly go stuff. My probably favorite was our friends 70 gto 4 speed and gen built a 455. He used to take me out looking for races and I was just a kid. Some of them had some weird stuff too. One guy had a 76-78 nova with a 454 and 4 speed. I always wanted a dart or a body barracuda and my dad used to give me a hard time, telling me go was where it was at. When I was looking for anproject car I tried to humor him so he would be involved and found a non running 69 gto that I still wish I could have got, he said no because it didn't run and the whole drivetrain could be junk. Then I found a 68 Malibu with a crate 350 and 4 speed for about the same money. No dice it was too much money. I realized he wanted me to have no part of what he taught me my whole childhood. One more try, I found a running driving 69 dart for 1200. No good. I forget the excuse. Then a raggedy running scamp for 275$. Too rough, it really wasn't that bad.
I got mad and bought the 69 dart.