Originally Posted By Moneypit6
That's what I was afraid of. It may be the parts are kept separate to keep prices up. whiney Still, seems like someone selling all components that fit together would have some sales!

I think if someone pieced together a "complete" console the sticker shock from the price tag would make it a hard to sale item, your best off sourcing the parts, new/repro/used piece by piece... I pieced together my console set up with a combo of new and used, looking for the best pieces at the lowest prices I could find, I probably have no more than $500 in the complete console, I paid $25 for a complete Automatic console (sweet swapmeet score) that yielded me a nice console door, end plates, lights and luckily the wire harness was with it, I paid $150 for the 4spd plate as it had damaged top plates, they're just sheetmetal easily fabricated, everyone at the swapmeet passed on it, the chrome was very nice, easy score for me, the boot was repro, repro 4spd side carpet plate (the backing board for the carpet), repro wood grain decal, console brackets from and automatic car for like $20 at a swapmeet (my car was a column auto) a little elbow grease, paint, spray dye (console was F8 I guess nobody wanted it?) the shifter, that's a Keisler/TKO reproduction shifter on top of a TKO600 5 spd... but if you shop around you could find a new repro 70 console stick for $300 give or take a few bucks...the actual shifter box will cost you, depending on what you use, new, aftermarket, rebuilt, etc...

So don't let the "high" price of the 70 4spd B body console get you down, spend some time looking around, otherwise open the wallet and dump about $2K on a complete repro console top to bottom

here's my 70 Charger 4spd set up

chargerinterior1.jpgchargerinterior11.jpg