One of the most underrated distributor systems. Ever. If the light fails, it's an issue with the owner or the alternator.

1. Never EVER charge the battery with the Unilite plugged in.
2. Never EVER jump the battery with the Unilite plugged in. In both cases, unplug the Unilite and charge the battery then plug it back in.
3. Spend the extra money and buy the circuit guard and use it. It will stop the voltage spikes you can get from some alternators, especially the cheap ass parts store remanufactured alternators.

The red wire goes to switched power. The green goes to the negative side of the coil. The brown goes to ground.

Thankfully, MSD is now making the Unilite and circuit guards again.

I also suggest using the correct Mallory coil. My cousin bought a Unilite and then cheaped out and used the cheesy MSD canister coil. It was always a pain in the ass to hot start. After he died, I ended up with the car. First change was a Mallory coil (29440) and the hot start issues went away.

Follow these simple directions and the Unilite will out live all of us. I've been using them since 1980. Sold and used dozens of them over the years. The failures are always owner inflicted.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston