I am planning to swap motors & the new heads are Edelbrock E-streets with angled plugs (440 in 70 b-body). Each two pairs of cylinders angle in towards each other slightly.

I would like to keep the same headers I have now (I "think" they're Heddman 1-3/4"...bought them long ago). I currently have iron heads (straight plugs) & cylinder #6's plug wire is already in there tight. As you can see, the #6 plug/wire is just left of the primary tube for cylinder #6 & the primary tube for cylinder #2 goes up/over/to the left of it. I'm afraid that if the plug is angled more towards the left (& that #2 primary tube on the left) I will have a spark plug/wire clearance issue.

Has anyone dealt with this & what is the solution? I think years ago Accel had some "shorty" yellow spark plugs that might help a little, but I don't want to get the motor in before I figure this out. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

Plug 6 Clearance PicA.jpgPlug 6 Clearance PicB.jpg
Last edited by PurpleBeeper; 03/13/18 05:06 PM.

70 Roadrunner convt. street car 440+6, NOS, 4-spd, SS springs '96 Mustang GT convt. street car '04 4.6 SOHC, NOS, auto, lowered "Officer, that button is for short on-ramps"