I use to use Isky cams in all my builds, they had a grind called 590/616 solid lifter race cam for Mopar wedge motors that work very well in stock stroke 440 mild (under 550 HP)bracket motors, that grind was on a 104 LSA and I would normally install it from 100 to 103 ILC depending on automatic trans or stick shift trans.
I was lead to believe back in the early 1960s that the LSA, no matter the motor, determined the power band RPM limits, closer was lower RPM at peak power and wider was higher RPM at peak work confused
I gladly bought AndyF Crower 105 degree LSA solid roller SS cam that he didn't try in his testing, I also bought another Crower close LSA from another member on here who lives in Boise, ID. that was ground on 104 LSA, I will gladly use both of those cams in one of my future pump gas street and strip builds that will make over 600 HP, maybe even one for myself devil
I've use other brand of solid lifter cams ground on closer(108 or less) LSA, one was ground on a 101 LSA, for N/A BB Mopars wedge motors with stock type 440 heads and all of them worked fine up devil
I've read many discussions on here about LSA on BB Mopar wedge motors and every body has there own favorites, me included devil
On big headed motors, CNC C440-1 heads and bigger, wider LSA on long durations (285 degrees+ @.050)works fine, on stock headed motors I like closer, 108 and closer better LSA up You also need to remember the closer the LSA the less manifold vacuum you will have with the same duration camshafts and the you get a rougher, choppier idle with closer LSA and more bottom end and a lower peak HP RPM shruggy

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 02/23/18 11:38 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)