Robert. With a 160 high flow stat and according to my Auto-Meter temp gauge it will run 195 degrees on the move in the summertime if I'm going over 45mph. The problem is when I have to slow down or hit a red light the temp quickly rises to around 210 to 220 degrees depending on how warm a day it is. I know some say that temp is okay, but its not. The car will begin to spit & spuder and want to stall out upon take off, I think its called vapor lock, a sign everything under the hood is to hot. The car is a factory 440 Dart GTS, mostly stock except for a small cam (under 500 lift) and edelbrock alum intake. Factor radiator is a recored 3 row with the factory fan shroud in place. Rad cap is new Stant 16# and in good shape. Running a 50/50 mix of Peak anti-freeze, along with a bottle of water-wetter (no help). Replaced the factory 18 inch #213 fan with a 18 inch factory #224 fan (more pitch) to pull a little more air into the radiator (no help). Timing is set to factory stock 5* BTDC. Don't think I have any vacuum leaks that I know of. Bottom rad hose not collapsing. Car runs great in the cool weather of spring or fall. 170 to maybe 185 with the 160* stat in place. Put a 1/4 inch phenolic carb spacer under the carb trying to keep heat off the carb and stop the vapor locking on hot days, (again no help). So was thinking maybe a after-market 22inch alum rad may make a difference. Liked the looks of the Northern brand 22 inch for BB A-bodies, but not the price. Was wondering if anyone here has any experience with one? Oh forgot to mention engine has a flow-kooler water pump also.

Last edited by BlueRacer69; 02/22/18 11:33 PM.