This topic always gets the most attention on here and many other sites
Sitting at a screen sifting through chemical test and numbers --ugh!!

I have built a LOT of engines for decades now--I have raced for over 30 years
I have worked in engine shops most of my life and so i have seen a lot more than the average guy

What I have learned

Different applications require( or do better) with certain oils
Like super stockers running 0w20 or alky cars liking 20w50 or like nitro cars using 70 wt
This is why makers like Driven have twenty plus different oils

You get that part right then go with what you can source easily--what you can afford---I run alky/nitro mix and change oil a LOT so I am forced to use an oil I can afford that still works and it is not a "boutique" oil

I have used the highest spring pressures I have ever run on a flat tappet and used Amsoil-- was just amazing when lifters and cam lobes were inspected--the best I have ever seen Period

I have run Valvoline race oils for years and again--zero issues ever

I know the driven products are probably the most advanced products on the market each designed for specific applications with exactly what that
application needs

I have had excellent results with Brad Penn and with alky it is fantastic

Amalie line up is some of the most used on the NHRA trail and fantastic with exotic fuels and...they offer an easy to get on "plan" for any racer to have oil shipped directly to your home or delivered at any NHRA event--These guys make good stuff and support racers of any level not with free but with real discounts

I race with another alky dragster guy that runs the Walmart brand cheapo stuff in a pretty darn fast car with zero cooling and guess what?? His bearings and parts look fine and keep on keeping on

I think if you have oil in an engine you are good--if you run a flat tappet you need an oil with some ZDDP or else I truly think this is the one deal where you must run some Known good stuff that has been proven

I also think that on street and bracket stuff who really cares that you loose a few HP with a 20w50 that proves again and again that it works in most anything

and....Lucas is making a 30 wt and a 20w50 high zinc break in oil that has been working great for us lately and is cheaper than all the others so