Originally Posted By mrrandyj
I made brackets that sit on the legs of a engine hoist (cherry picker). Space is a premium in my garage, and I didn't want to have to store something else that took up a lot of room and was hard to move around. The 2 brackets I made take up very little space, and are not heavy at all. All the steel was scrap I had laying around, so it cost me nothing except a little time to make it. I also made a switch panel and wiring with a spare Chrysler electronic ignition box I had that attaches to the hoist with 2 bolts when I use it as a "run stand". Same with oil pressure and temperature gauges. I have used this several times and it works great and it's very easy to set up. Works with both small blocks and big blocks.

Now that's a great idea ... I already have the folding engine crane ... just need to make some mounting brackets!

1972 Pro-Street 'Cuda, 500" Eagle stoker B Block, Eddy RPM heads, Victor Manifold, 850 Mighty Demon, Hemi 4 Speed, Dana 60 w/4.88 gears - Built by Hansen Racing Middlesex - NJ