I think we're talking 2 different deals here. N/SS and bracket racing with pre 1975 cars. There is a unified set of rules. Not everyone chooses to use them. N/SS has been around since the early 90's with very few rule changes. Yes there are restrictions. This is the same for any class. Some say update the rules. Sure it could be done. Look at Pro-Stock and NASCAR. I personally don't want to see N/SS go this route. Yes I chose to find a 50 year old car, repair rust, fabricate vintage appearing seats, spend $$$ to build a dinosaur motor, hone my skills on a foot brake, and learn to run index with no electronics. I have no problem seeing vintage drag racing. But trans brake 1975 Nova's, Fox body Mustangs, 1975 Newport's back halved running any size rear slick using trans brakes, swapping dial's every round isn't what this class is about. I hope this series does well. I just don't see it as N/SS. My 2 cents.
Doug

Nostalgia is just that Nostalgia. What qualifies as Nostalgia will change and evolve with the times and Generations.
I'm 49 years old, I have been blessed to have taken over my fathers 65 Hemi Dodge. I hope I'm blessed enough to have a class to race it in for another 15 to 20 years. But as of right now, Gen III Hemi's and LS are not Nostalgia, even it it's in a 50 year old car.. .That would be Resto-Mod Super Stock.

whole idea of NSS racing was to preserve the cars that raced in the 60's the orginal intent was full sized cars, 2 four barrels, 10.5 tires, stock frame rails, foot brake, it is bracket racing in the fact that you pick an index, but you pick one for the event, and it is quarter or half seconds, no dials between rounds. I am sorry but gen III hemis, are not nostalgia super stock racing. Nothing against any car or anybody who races, but changing the NSS rules makes it just another bracket race, that no spectators come to watch.
Most of the guys who got together to start the NSS class, were tired of racing brackets with hundreds of cars. If you have raced with the orginal groups, smaller events, decent payouts, lots of close racing, and a better bunch of guys you could not ask for. Plus we eat and drink at a competitive level as well

All of the above is correct for a TRUE NSS Class. The NMCA rules are probably the best out there to follow. All you have to do is look at what NSS means and that does not include all cars, makes, engine combinations or you do just turn it into a bracket race for any year car???