Originally Posted By sgcuda
I ran a 600hp 440 in my Cuda weighing close to 3,000 pounds with 32x14 slicks. Used a Hemi box with Liberty lugs. I ran it with a Ram B&B plate, and metallic disc. Never had any issues running as fast as 9.90. I know some guys running heavy pressure plates are using a rag disc to soften the hit. That might be an option for you. If you are tearing up Hemi boxes on a regular basis, you will probably hurt a Nash tranny also. A Long style clutch might help. They are available preset, non adjustable. The problem is using an adjustable clutch in a stock body. To adjust the pressure plate, you have to remove the trans and bellhousing. And it is a constant maintenance item. Clutchtamer might be the answer, although I have always been skeptical on higher hp engines and how fast it would eat up a clutch.

Lakewood and evidently Hyatt will put a window in your bell housing. Then you don't have to pull all that stuff out.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston