Originally Posted By tex013
Originally Posted By J_BODY
interesting in the linked ad for the Holley there is no mention of venturi or throttle plate size. I would think that would make a difference in how much air it would allow to flow. Braswell B-4825 Series carburetor is offered with venturi sizes from 1.40" up through 1.68", and throttle bores of 1.688", 1.750", or 1.790. Mine happens to have a 1.48 venturi/1.79 throttle bore. I don't have a 4500 intake fitted to my W8 so I bought a 4825 to play with in the mean time.

Wow , that makes you wonder whether like you one of these may be an easier option than a 4500 carb . Save over adapters or more intakes .
What is the ball park $

Tex

not sure new.... I picked mine up of Racingjunk. Like I said, I was just looking for something to use as all I had was my BG 750. I should throw that on again one day and see how it runs compared. I only did that once when the combo was brand new. I did put an adapter on it and ran our 4500 1050 on once occasion. Didn't 60 as hard and ran a bit slower due to that. Was an 1/8th mile track though. Maybe top end on a 1/4 track would have shown some improvement. Of course every combo is different. Mines limited by a rather mild camshaft.