Reviewing a ton of pictures on the Web for Stock 426 hemi cars I see a lot of different orientations of the distributor and wire location on the cap.

If you follow the Manual procedure for timing the Distributor you do wind up with the Prestolite Vacuum chamber pinched between intake manifold and fuel lines.

I have seen distributor VC behind fuel lines, and in front. I have seen Plug 1 wire at various locations, several cap slots different.

This is not an actual timing issue. The distributor only moves 5-8 degrees to get 10-16 degrees initial timing.

The manual does not give you a diagram for wire location on the cap. Just the firing order.

Part of the issue is that there are many variation to Prestolite DP shaft clocking (Orientation of the engagement slot on shaft), different Cam stop flat orientation which drives what direction the rotor points.

With many of these distributors being rebuilt or purchased as rebuilt back in the day you may not have original internal parts and the clocking is off.

So does anyone know what the orientation was from the Factory for the 68/69 hemi cars?
Looking at generic Motor Manuals they show that the 1 and 8 plug wire should straddle the fwd cap clip on Big Block engine, but no distinction made between Chrysler or Prestolite distributors. Is this the correct wire location for hemi prestolite dual point for 68/69 cars?