Originally Posted By Brewzer67
I take mine completely apart (including removing the O-rings)and check to make sure there is no loose metal chips, etc from machining. Then I port them like a cylinder head and remove any sharp edges the oil may have to pass over. I also check the pressure relief valve for proper fit and any machining irregularities to make sure it won't possibly hang up once assembled. I also check all mating surfaces for flatness and proper clearance for the gerotor pieces. Once I am sure all is good,I clean it up with brake clean. Then I lube up the inside with some Vaseline and put it all back together lubing all O-rings. Before I mount it to the block, I coat both sides of the paper gasket in a light coat of gasket shellac and then assemble right away. A little putzy, but it's the little things that will get you.

iagree 100%
NEVER EVER just bolt an oil pump onto an engine without complete blue print of the unit. Remember that this is probably the single most important component of your engine.
I use a small Dremel to de-burr and smooth out the passages then wash and rinse with hot soapy water. Then Vaseline or assembly lube everything.

Gus beer

64 Plymouth Savoy
493 Indy EZ's by Nick at Compu-Flow
5-Speed Richmond faceplate Liberty box
Dana 60