Thanks for all the replies.-

At this point I think that bushing the rods is the way to go.

Good thing is the machine shop I use listens to what I ask them and they always do a good job. If I have oddball requests they also go the extra mile to do procedures as I ask them to. Remember I live in LIMA, PERU so race engine machining is not what they do, they just do regular rebuild jobs. I have to walk them through certain procedures like using honing plates, multi angle valve jobs, etc.

Now I have 2 questions:

Now....the machine shop I use would generally just press in the bushings with their interference spec. Lets say 0,002"

But, Since these bushings will end up being about 0,03" thick once proper clearancing is completed, I was thiknig that maybe not just press fitting them, but freezing the bushings and heating the rods would be the best option? Will installing them like this guarantee a better grip than just pressing them?
If its the better way to do it, what would be the intereference to shoot for prior to install? Also, would freezing the bushings in dry ice or just throwing them in the fridge would do the trick???
What about the rods? dipping them in boiling water???

Is it an absolute necessity to use a burnishing tool to achieve clearance once the bushings are pressed in?
I see that they just press in the bushings and they they just hone them to size, but they do not have burnishing tools- I hear burnishing will help achieve a better hold with a thin walled bushing as opposed to just honing to size.
Are burnishing tools expensive? how much would it cost one to do a 1.09" bushing? Does anybody have a link to the appropiate one to do the small end bushings?

Thanks!!!