New member here with my first post. The 1971 Barracuda "Keyless Door Locking System" was listed as standard on the 1971 Barracuda. I would like to confirm that this feature was new for 71. A couple of 70 Barracuda owners have told me that in order to lock their doors, they must use the key. If true, can the 1970 door lock assembly be converted to work "keyless" like the 71?
The reason I ask: In the mid-seventies my Autumn Bronze 71 Barracuda was involved in a minor collision. The body shop replaced the drivers door with a 70 Cuda door. Not knowing any better, I always (30+ years) assumed that there was something wrong with the drivers door lock. Just this past year while searching the web, I found factory specs on the 1971 Barracuda where it talked about the "keyless" operation. So now it seems that I have the wrong style mechanism (1970).
If a conversion is not feasible, then I need to find a 71-74 version. So how I would I tell the difference between a 70 and 71-74 latch/lock assembly when searching swap meets?

Thanks,
David

Lock Lever.JPG