In the 80's/90's when it was in June it was sometimes brutally hot there. So now it's not but there's a better chance of rainout. I appreciate the less brutal heat compared to the early years.

Bringing it in has the effect not only on weather, but that some people still haven't gotten their cars on the road for the year yet.

As for the event... I see it suffering more from bad mouthing here than anywhere else. It's a 275 mile round trip for me and I did it. My coil fried at the registration booth and the car was dead for awhile but I think I had more fun than half the people here in spite of it.

If people come, vendors will come... simple as that.

Some nit-picking I could do:

1. The kids at the gate standing around while the line to get in is as long as the dragstrip. They didn't even open up all 3 lanes. I think it took upwards of a 1/2 hour to get into the place once on the property. Who decided to bring the spectators with the minivans into the same lines as unregistered participants? (yeah... I think my coil would have gotten me home if it hadn't been sitting frying waiting to get in.). Oh yeah... security made us open trunks too!

2. Saturday: $25 to show, 1 trophy per class. Why not just eliminate categories and do top 50 or whatever... it was supposed to be populist voting anyway.
Might as well have a non judged category to just park inside the area and not worry about it.

3. Food costs too much (but I'm glad they upgraded the Burger girls!!! ).

4. Reserved for later. I'm sure I'll think of something else to complain about.

Black Betty: '69 Charger RT: 440 6 pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana.
Sinnamon: '69 Charger RT: 440, 727, 4.30 8.75. High School Sweetheart.
El Grande: '98 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited.