Originally Posted By vinnyd76
If you were to protect the sheetmetal (cardboard/wood), Fastenal may be another source? Not sure they will accept the bare fender due to the risk of damage or someone getting injured by the sharp metal.

i tried fastenal to ship a fiberglass hood from pa. to colorado. they won't do sheet metal because of damage risks. the lady [sam] i talked to was very nice, and although the shipping cost would have been low, she stated the damage risk is high due to the fact all their shipping is done loading by fork lift. engines, transmissions, rears, no problem as these are pretty rugged. i ended shipping the hood by bus. it was packed in an OEM late model hood box i got from a local body shop. i taped some foam strips to the hood and protected the edges with cardboard "angle iron" and pieces of industrial band saw blade protector. after packing in the box, i cut "hand holes" in several places to make it easy to pick up, then shrink wrapped the box. cost was $62 and change. the bus depot guy was surprised on the packaging. he said most just stick a tag on the part. got there in excellent shape.
beer