I went to Frank Hawley about 3 or 4 years ago at Gainesville. Frank himself taught the course. He goes into a lot of the psychology of racing and winning, as well as safety and how to drive the car. We spent about a half a day in the classroom and then alternated between making passes and analyzing them in the classroom. It was a two-day class. Frank didn't yell at anybody he encouraged everybody and was a good teacher. I would recommend it. You get 6 passes for the money and a license if you do your job behind the wheel. Every pass down the track received a grade of either pass or fail. You had to pass the last four to get the license. If you need or want extra passes, you have to pay for them. There are different types of race cars that you can sign up for at varying ET capabilities and costs. I drove a 9.2 second Firebird door slammer. Somebody else in the class was driving a pipe rack that went eights if I remember right. The only thing I wish he would have done different is had a video camera in the car for analyzing the pass. He did have external video to review.

Last edited by Hemi_Joel; 01/06/18 12:55 AM.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"