Pulled the glide out of the Hemi GTX this week to replace with a 727 as I am way to heavy to take advantage of the glide. I'm chasing ET, not consistency. Cars weighs 3550 with me in it 540 inch hemi. Best time so far has been a 9.24 at almost 145. 1.31 60 ft, 5.85 in the 1/8.
Weight wise, the glide is a ATI SFI case, Bell and rollerized tail shaft with a deep cast aluminum pan. it came in at 130 lbs on my bathroom scale. the converter was a FTI nitrous 9 inch and with the flex plate and hub came in at 48 lbs for a total of 178 lbs.
Torque flight came in at 150 lbs with carbon shield. 8 inch converter with flex plate 30 lbs for 180lbs total.
I will need to shorten up my steel driveshaft 8 inches so it might be a equal swap!
I didn't stop there. between swapping to Lingenfelter bumper brackets for my lightened stockers I lost 19.8 lbs. With 1/2 of the undercoating removed sofar, I lost another 10 lbs I, am headed in the right direction.
I need to get an 8.99 out of this car before I die. I know I have an easy 30 lbs to go. rear disc over drums, aluminum master cylinder to replace the cast iron and working on a front air dam.
The guy I bought the torque flight has a 3000 lbs Roadrunner that has gone 9.0x. he put a glide in (serious bracket guy) and slowed down to 9.teens-9.20s.
I hope mine picks up what his lost. Wish me luck!