This will be another one of those threads where there is only about 5 people who are all that interested....... But again, it's winter...... So I'm doing my part in providing "content".

This is sort of a continuation of another thread from about a year ago:
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/2205545/1/mopar-stage-6-heads.html

These particular heads are a bit of a mystery.
They had about 10 shipping labels on the boxes, so they have definitely changed hands a few times.
They already had some cnc porting done, but I don't think it was done through MP channels.
These heads had a few ex seats that had been replaced, most likely as a means to correct some of the typical fairly substantial valve seat depth variation.
They also had 11/32 guides installed, but the ID's were unfinished and you couldn't even begin to slide a valve in.
The cnc porting ran over the guides, so they were installed prior to the porting.
After fitting the guides, the valve seat concentricity was pretty far off, so I think the previous "valve job" was done when the 3/8" guides were still in the heads.

Some of the other highlights are, the chambers are really quite large in diameter......so much so that they will require the use of a Cometic 4.600 bore gasket if you don't want the gasket fire ring hanging into the chamber.
The spark plug holes were cut too deep, and/or the chambers are cut too much, so the plugs hang way into the chambers. Plug washers can correct this.
I don't like it when the two small coolant holes by the dowels are so close to the chambers, so I plugged them.
The rocker shaft holes on one head had a raised burr around every hole, which was more pronounced than it looks in the pic, which could have created a place for oil to leak out instead of going where it needed to.

I wouldn't call the cnc work really "finished"....... But rather, more of a roughing job that resulted in a lot less time needing to be spent porting out material that shouldn't have been there in the first place.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

68 Satellite, 383 with stock 906’s, 3550lbs, 11.18@123
Dealer for Comp Cams/Indy Heads