Originally Posted By Steve1118
John, the bracket only guys can do what they want, it's their call. Whatever. Not really racing brackets up there, I really don't care. To each his own. I know they don't run Mod 8th mile.

As long as Greg continues to offer quarter mile for the big shows, and for us Nostalgia guys and test and tunes, I'm a happy camper, and I don't see anything changing up there.

I did find it kind of humorous, though, that at the FC Nationals this year (a phenonimal event, BTW) the S Pro diggers all ran 8th mile because they said they couldn't get stopped, but the FC's came out and ran 200mph right after them and stopped just fine. But, whatever...

Oh trust me I know. Things changed for us after a dragster was totaled after he lost his brakes at Keystone. We all end up paying (top class) but in reality it could have been any one of us. I love 1/4 mile too and can justify the switch to 1/8 mile at the big bracket races (500-1500 cars) because no matter what some guys will say it is easier to get through the race program. Most of these are 3 day events and between rain and oil downs it helps big-time. I will still get my 1/4 mile passes in, trust me.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time