[quote=HotRodDave]They don't need any flashing to change gear ratios. The tone wheel is on the ring gear and is not affected by gear changes, it still turns the same rpm as the tire no matter what gear is in it. However changing tire diameter will change your speedometer. The actual rear end may have different number of tone wheel teeth but I have never counted them and never been asked by my mac, snap-on scanners or the old DRBIII what diff is in one when programing the "pinion factor" as they call it so I would suspect they are all the same.

Are you sure you got a dana in it? I have two of those vans and they both have 9.25 rear ends in em. Also both of them have 3.92 gears, ones an 01 and ones a 92.

Dave is right as I appoligize as I actually do know that but was not thinking in the right mode as I just forgot about that. As Dave said it reads off the tone gear thats behind the ring gear in the rear diff and dumb me should have remembered thats why the scanner asks for the type diff and not a gear ratio. Just tire size or changing to a different style diff may affect it as like Dave I dont know if the tone rings from one style diff to the other have different number teeth. Course you can have the tire size or revs per mile set. Do have any friends with a scanner that could set it for you or maybe if you know a Mopar tech you can slip him a couple bucks to do it on the side ? Good luck with it and again I am sorry that I just forgot about the sensor reading the tone wheel which dont change when you change ring and pinion. All I ever used was the Mopar DRBIII scanner since I worked at a Dodge dealer and could use it whenever I liked but as Dave said many other scanners should be able to do it. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 12/17/17 02:06 AM.